Friday, August 23, 2013

The Room Saga Continues

I finally finished the great room redecoration of 2013! Although the start was unpromising, I'm very happy with the end result. I had a lot of random pictures hanging around, so I decided to try my hand at a picture collage on the wall above my bed. 

I'm really happy with the results. I was excited to finally hang my icon from Greece, as well as my picture of St. Hedwig, which I got from Salzburg. For awhile it looked like the collage would be a lopsided disaster, but then I found that awesome round frame under my parents' bed. They keep asking me what I'm planning to put in it, but I think it looks cool on its own. Here's the whole picture:
I've had the pillow I made on my bed for a while now, and I love how it looks. I've also got some plans for the wall above my bookshelf; my sister Viola painted a really incredible picture, which I bought from her for a milkshake. Viola is a terrific artist, and I absolutely love this piece!

Sorry about the carabiner, I had to find something to hold it flat while I took the picture. 
So, as you can see, I'm getting it together here. I still need another bookcase to house my suddenly massive library, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

1 comment:

  1. Your St. Therese looks beautiful in your room! I knew it belonged with you! Thank you for coming to see us.

    ReplyDelete