Monday, January 14, 2013

So, I'm leaving for Rome on Friday. Yes, Friday. And yes, I'm kind of freaking out, a lot. Did I mention that I haven't packed? Yeah, I'm leaving the country for 5 months, and I just started packing. If space-bagging one's socks counts as packing. I'm pretty sure that all my clothes will fit into my suitcase. Pretty sure, not positive.

What I'm taking:

  • 10 Shirts in various shades of blue and grey (a bit excessive, perhaps, but I really hate doing laundry).
  • 2 pairs of dark, skinny jeans
  • 3 skirts (all knee length)
  • 3 Cardigans (Orange, purple, and black- that's some color, right?)
  • 4 dresses most for cold weather, but 2 that can be worn without tights. Just in case. 
  • 4 scarves (2 black and white, 1 orange, and 1 light pink)
  • 1 winter coat with a zip out lining. 
  • Jammies
  • Unmentionables
  • Purse
  • Backpack
  • 1 towel
  • 1 blue fleece blanket
  • Also, shoes. That's kind of important. 
I'm really afraid that this will be way more stuff that I could possibly need. Everyone who has done this program says that they threw away half their stuff at the end of the semester, but most of my stuff's from Goodwill, so I'm not terribly attached to it, and my motto is "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." I'm also justifying my over packing with my sneaking suspicion that one of my roommates is going to underpack. Sorry, Candace, love, but we all know it's true. 

Now, I'm going to go have fun with my space bags. Nothing says fun like making your clothes look like packaged meat. I'm sure there will be several more posts before I leave, as well as lots from Rome! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment