Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I have to keep listening to this song to remind me that I really do not want to spend the next five months here in Littleton. I get really awful pre-trip jitters, and I tend to be like, "Hey, I like it here. Why on earth would I want to leave?" Even when I've spent all break going, "I hate this teeny town. Why on earth would anybody ever live here?"I'm honestly feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I keep getting a lot of random advice from people, and a lot of it is contradictory. If I need help I'll ask, but at this point there's not a lot I can change.

Although a lot of people have been to this program, this is going to be my unique adventure, and at some point, I'm just going to have to get on the plane and go. What stresses me out the most is people telling me, "It's going to change your life" or "It's going to be the best thing you've ever done." Not that I doubt them, but there's always that little voice in the back of my mind going, "This absolutely, positively must be the best thing I've done, and I absolutely must do everything right." As you can see I tend to over think things, so right now I'm trying to take deep breaths and relax.

I'm also trying to spend a lot of time with my family, who I won't see or really talk to for five months. I have to admit that I call home pretty much every day when I'm at school, so my lack of phone-ness is going to be really hard. Of course, there's always email, but it's just not the same as having an hour long chat with your mom after a hard day.

This is all to say: I'm completely terrified. But I am so glad that some of best friends will be coming with me. I'll miss the ones at home in Texas, but I can't wait to compare experiences, Junior year!  I'd also like to say thank you to all the people who are making this trip possible for me! Only 2 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment