Thursday, January 17, 2013

Packing, Packing, Packing

Today my boss told me off for not being ready to leave. As she said, "That was appropriate three weeks ago, but you're leaving Friday." Right. I'll get on that. That being said I am about 90% packed; not bad, in my opinion. Anyway, now is probably not the time, but I have a confession to make: I've always wanted to be a fashion blogger. So, as a step in that direction, I have put together some "dressy" travel outfits to share with you.


Cardigan:Gap- Thrifted. Skirt: American Outfitters. Cami: Target. Please excuse my photography. 
This is a pretty versatile outfit- the cardi is probably one of my favorite clothing items. I know all my friends are thinking, "Because it's orange and a cardigan, Pip?" Well, yes, but it also looks great with jeans and a T-shirt. The person of Goodwill in me would also like you to know that I got it new with the tags on for 1/4 of the original price. The pencil skirt is another story. I'm ashamed to say that I actually paid *gasp* retail for it!  It is, however, the greatest purchase I ever made, and it packs like a dream because of it's knit fabric. Despite it's horizontal stripes, it also, ahem, accentuates the curves. Here's another favorite outfit, featuring the wonder skirt:
Same skirt, different cardi (Target) and some cute jewelry (Goodwill, of course)
When I got into college I swore off of 2 things: horizontal stripes and "homeschooler" skirts. Well, this outfit has both, but I swear it looks great, especially with the red beads and sunglasses (which, of course, I'm going to wear all the time in January). I totally wasn't going to pack this skirt, but then I remembered how easy it is to wear leggings under a big, ole skirt, so in it went. But I didn't want to style it like I did in high school: think frumpy. So I paired it with a loose, grey top, and crazy, brightly colored jewelry, and it actually worked! I'm definitely looking forward to wearing this in Rome!

Top:Target. Skirt: J.Jill, thrifted. Necklace: Goodwill
Well, I'd better finish putting all this stuff in my suitcase, so I can actually wear it in Rome. I can't believe I leave tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment