Thursday, July 26, 2012

What I'm Doing At This Very Moment...

Cooking. It doesn't happen very often. Let me rephrase that- I don't cook healthy things very often; I love to make goodies, but I don't make dinner to often. Although, admittedly, sometimes I would really love to make my own dinner on certain nights in the cafeteria, but enough about that. Right now I'm making pork chops.

      Usually I stick to, well, mostly I just dump olive oil and oregano all over the chops, but tonight I've gone out on a limb. Here's what I did:

Ingredients
Yellow Tail Pinot Noir (mostly because it was what was open and in the fridge)
Sage
Cumin
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil
Pork Chops (obviously)

Put the chops in a large skillet and anoint them with liberal amounts of olive oil. Turn the stove on (right now I'm cooking the chops on low, but cook them according to how fast you want them done). Then sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper. Pour out the libation of wine on to the chops. Sniff all the spices you have (optional). Settle on sage and cumin, then sprinkle said spices on the sacrifice. Cook until the meat is done, then prepare a bowl of apple sauce as a votive offering. Consume after offering prayers and supplications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment