Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cleaning

A few years ago I posted a status on facebook about cleaning, and one of my dear childhood friends made a comment about the usual state of my childhood bedroom, which I must admit was atrocious. But in recent years I have become more of a neat-freak than I was (not saying much).  I now clean on a more or less weekly basis; I've stopped folding my clothes, but the floor is clean. I'm the kind of person, however, who purges rather than cleans. When I get in the mood, I will empty drawers and closets making piles of things to send to my favorite place- Goodwill! But there are somethings you can neither throw away or donate. Things like seashells. What on earth do you do with seashells?  I've got a perfectly good drawer filled up with useless things that cannot be discarded like these stupid seashells. I feel like this should be a metaphor for my life, but it's not. It's just irritating. Like that stack of papers on the floor over there...

No comments:

Post a Comment