Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Balloon Lady

As part of one of my many babysitting jobs, I was sent to the library so that the kids could see "the balloon lady." Being the super cool college student I am I was a bit mortified to be seen at this show, especially since I was way out of the kid age-range, and the two dark brunette kids obviously did not belong to my pale, ginger self (excluding me from the mommy range). But despite my initial misgivings, I thought the balloon lady was the bee's knees. Heck, I admire anyone who can make the Grinch out of bendy balloons.

Actually I was inspired to take up balloon doggie making myself. Not because I'm convinced it's my art form, but as I sat there watching her make a ballon Mickey Mouse, I thought, "as an English major, I really ought to have a marketable skill. Why not balloon animals? Who doesn't want to hire a balloon animal maker?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment