Friday, May 4, 2012

Dead Day

Things are pretty dead around here, but that has nothing to do with the fact that it is 9:45 am the day before finals start. Yeah, nothing to do with that. I think I was the first person up on campus this morning, and for the past hour and a half I've had my favorite study spot to myself. My advisor came up about an hour ago and left his office door open for awhile. He and his classes are taking on my favorite English professor and his classes in an epic soccer showdown on Wednesday night. We are out to prove to my advisor that Raphael in Paradise Lost is an ironic character, anything to keep my professor from slipping hemlock into his coffee for corrupting the English majors. Technically I'm supposed to be studying Economics, but the cafeteria will open in seven minutes, and I'm staving. Maybe I'll spring for a warm caffeinated beverage too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment