Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back at School!

I am finally back at school, and, let me tell you, it is absolutely awesome to be back! Because of Rome, my class has been split in half for the last year, and there are a lot of people I haven't seen in ages, so it is wonderful to catch up with them. I had a lot of great friends from freshman year who I haven't seen in nine months, but we're able to meld back together right away. It's also been really fun meeting the people in my class who I didn't get to know freshman year.

Moving into my apartment has been a lot of fun.  Even with our lovely view of the dumpster, we really love it. It's nice that everyone can have at least a little bit of space to themselves, albeit a very tiny bit of space, but space none the less. Yesterday we went to the thrift store, and found some pretty rad decor. There will be pictures soon, I promise.

 Going to the grocery store, however, proved to be a lot less fun. Nothing says stressful like the knowledge that you have to keep yourself alive for the next four months. So we galloped around Wal-mart trying to figure out what we knew how to cook and what we needed to make it. So we now have the most random assortment of food items, but at least we won't starve to death within the first week.

Tomorrow is the first day of classes, and then the real fun begins. I've been looking forward to starting classes all summer, but looking at my schedule is making me rethink all my life decisions. Signing up for classes while in Rome is just a bad idea. I mean, there you are, in Rome, having the time of your life, feeling like anything is possible, and then you sign up for, oh, four upper level English classes. Then you get back to Texas, and all you can think is, "Anything is not possible- like surviving this semester." But we'll see how it goes, but right now, sheer panic.





No comments:

Post a Comment