Saturday, September 28, 2013

Miscellaneous Happiness (For a Sick-ish Weekend)

My new theme song. It makes me so utterly happy and drives my roommates utterly nutty, but if anything can make your day better, it's this song.


Being reunited with these lovely ladies after a year apart. As much as they loved being in Rome last fall, and I loved being in Rome last spring, we are all so very happy to be back together.



Finding recordings of my Project Poet. There's absolutely nothing like hearing these poems read by the poet.



Exquisite Texan sunsets. This is the view from my balcony, sure there's a tree in the way, but we have front row seats for the sunsets.




Happy and hilarious Rome memories. Why were we posing like this while a thunderstorm was rolling in? Do you remember how we had to sprint for shelter right after this photo was taken? Do you remember...? 

My newest Icon. On my last day of work at the Catholic bookshop this summer, we unpacked an entire crate of Russian Icons, and this one (Our Lady of Vladmir) was a going away present from my bosses. She now is in a place of honor (my nightstand) in our apartment. 

Roommate silliness. Very rarely do I let all my goofiness loose, and my poor roommates didn't know what they were getting themselves into.But they are holding up remarkably well, as I do and say the silliest things with very little provocation. 

  

This music video. Because what could possibly be happier, than the happiness of two claymation monsters? I mean, really?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'd never thought of searching YouTube for recordings of those 92nd Street Y readings -- they were hugely famous, full of big names. I don't know if they still do them or not, but it was really a thing in, I think, the 60s and 70s. Everybody who was anybody read at the 92nd Street Y. Go you for finding Bishop!

    ReplyDelete