Friday, June 28, 2013

Perhaps this has occurred to you, perhaps not, but Littleton is not exactly a riveting place to live. Some towns are known for their constant activity and non-stop pace. Littleton is not one of those places. Yet you have to learn to appreciate the sedate and serene pace of a town such as mine. Of course, this learning process can be rather lengthy, in my own case, more than four years.
Even though it may not be a great place to live, Littleton is definitely a good place to be from, if only for the entertainment value of it all. One Littleton story can have whole groups of my college friends lying on the floor helpless with mirth, but, as I've said before, coming home for the summer can be a total drag. Fortunately I have people who remind me of the hilarity of living in a small town. Yesterday, for example, I was feeling very very sorry for myself, so I texted my other small-town living friend, hoping for some sympathy. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: Friiieeeeeeennnnd, there is literally nothing to do in this town.
Friend: Go donate blood. That's always a good time.

Of course, I absolutely had to laugh. Thank goodness for friends who can, if not fix your problems, at least make you see why everything in your life is utterly hilarious. Honestly, you have to laugh, otherwise you'll never survive life in a small town.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a lovely Friday. I'm headed out to babysit in a little while, which means pool time: Like four hours in the sun, watching as my delicate while skin turns the color of bacon. Ah, it's so difficult to be ginger.

P.S. You remember the embroidered pillow I showed you yesterday? Well, I'm going to be posting a tutorial very soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment