Friday, August 24, 2012

Orientation 2012

So right now I'm working the Info Booth at freshman orientation. It's been a pretty good first day, but I'm exhausted. I've worked dorm check-in (I check some girls into my old room. *Much sadness*), been a "greeter", and now I'm in the Info Booth. I am so excited to meet the new Freshman! I have such fond memories of my freshman year, and I hope the newbs will have as great a time as I did.

We (the orientation leaders) have been here since Tuesday for our training and moved into the infamous "New Hall". I'm not 100% sure if I like this dorm. It's about 5 times as big as my freshman dorm, and I hate being separated from my friends. It is also definitely lacking in personality. My last dorm had a very accurate stereotype, and we were a very very close-knit community. So now to be in such a big dorm that doesn't even have a name makes me really homesick for my beloved Theresa Hall.

On the other hand this dorm has very spacious rooms. Heck, we have our own bathrooms and walk-in closets. Being a sophomore has its advantages, no doubt. We are also trying very hard to build community the New Dorm. Last night a bunch of us played cards for several hours,  making a lot of noise and having a lot of fun.

Last night was also the first time I really hung out with my ex-boyfriend since we broke up last spring. I'm so glad that we can still be friendly and have a good time with our mutual friends. I have a bunch of friends who have to endure a lot of awkwardness because of bad freshman relationships. Note to Freshman: Do not date Freshman year! My good friend and I were saying how we wished we'd listened to that piece of advice back in the day.

Anyway, a bunch of us are going to try and go out for Korean food tonight, so I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment