Monday, August 27, 2012

My Place

One more day of orientation. One more day. I can make it. Correction: my buddy caffeine and I can make it. In other news, my dorm room is finally decorated and much less depressing. 

My desk area. Isn't it cute?
Yes, I have a tree growing out of my computer.  It's actually one of those wall decal things you can buy at Target. Frankly, I'm pretty impressed with it; it's like a huge piece of tape that you stick on the wall, and if you peel it off none of the paint comes off (very important in a dorm). The pink doesn't really go with the green/blue theme my roommate and I have going on, but it really warms up an otherwise blank wall. I have a white board and millions of sticky notes to appease my desire to make random lists, and, of course, I have my favorite holy pictures to keep me company (St. Gerard in the frame and the Sacred Heart of Jesus just above the stickies). The speakers are also very very important. They allow me to blast my favorite music. When I'm not studying of course.

My very comfy bed
I don't get to spend as much time in this part of the room as I would like, but it's still pretty awesome. Even though I have to take a running start before getting in to bed every night. Do you see how far off the ground my bed is?

 I bought a new bedspread this year because the one I had last year was five years old and kind of dingy. Can you believe it was only $40 on O.co? The green fuzzy blob taking over the end of my bed is a cheapo throw that I bought during camp, but it was probably one of my best impulse buys ever. I can't really justify the pillows, except by saying that I really like squashy pillows. Oh, and the yellow M&M in the middle of the bed is a Little Miss Sunshine doll that talks when you squeeze her. All my friends think it's creepy, but I love her. So there.


These are the frames that Joy and I made during our craft day. Honestly you can make the cutest dorm decor from cheap crafts supplies from Walmart. The frames were 97 cents a piece, and the acrylic paint was 57 cents. I basically just glued stuff like lace and bottle caps on to them, and it looked like I spent a lot of money. The thing in the middle is a magnet my last roommate got me. It says, "Life is a journey not a destination." I feel very inspired by it, thank you very much.

I also have a very large Brave poster above my books shelf, but that side of the room needs some attention before I take pictures to post on the internet. Oh, and I have a roommate who has cute stuff on her side of the room, but I figured she didn't want creepy photos of her stuff all over the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment