Monday, June 25, 2012

In Which I Become a Disney Princess

        I've been looking forward to the movie Brave for months now. First of all because the heroine has curly red hair, and secondly because the heroine has curly red hair. Friday, I had a rather long work day (more on work later), and when I finally got home, I discovered my family had disappeared, so I decided to have a nice, quiet evening all to myself. I put my jammies on and was on the brink of ordering a pizza when my dear friend, Joy, called me. Our conversation went something like this,
"Hey, Pip, we'regonnagoseeBraveatthedrive-in. Wanna come?"
To which I responded, "Sure"
So I put my clothes back on, and ran out to their van. As I opened the door about 3 people fell out. They were kind enough to scooch over, so I could squeeze in. We stopped to pick up an insane amount of pizza, soda, and other goodies, as well as another friend, and then we set off. As we drove along the very twisty country roads, Joy's mom remarked,
"We've got any teenage boy's dream in the back seat. Girls, pizza, and soda."

        We got to the drive-in two daylight filled hours early. Within seconds a blanket, lawn chairs (in a second parking spot for Joy's dad), food, music, and an enormous amount of people disembarked on to the grass. We looked like a gypsy-block party-circus. I was just waiting for the Secret Seven to turn up and convict us of an imaginary crime.

     We had a really fantastic time, which was helped along by the fact that no one could park in front of us because some hornets had conveniently made a nest in that particular speaker. Of course, Joy had to hop up every six seconds to explain the situation to all the people who kept trying to park there.

     The movie was also incredibly cute. In fact, I'm taking the two youngest siblings to see it this afternoon. In exactly two hours, as they keep reminding me. So I'm going to spend my day off in a dark movie theater "bonding" with my brother and sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment