Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Break- It's Nothing Like the Ride at Disney World.

I've been on spring break this week (that's how I found time to start a new blog), and I must say, I could get used to this relaxation thing. Except every time I do, I hear my Economics Professor's voice, and I buckle down on the homework she was kind enough to give us.

I've always envisioned college spring break as something out of those movies I wasn't allowed to watch in high school. I spent mine with my grandmother, which, contrary to how it might sound, has been very pleasant. I've been out to lunch everyday this week. How penitential of me, now that I think about it. I've gone to see two rather good films: Undefeated and Hugo. Undefeated was good, but Hugo was excellent. This was also the first time my grandmother had been to a 3-D movie, and it was one of the good ones,  where things come out of the screen at you, so she was totally thrilled.

I also managed talked myself into buying two very, very short sundresses.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who stands in the dressing room at a store going, "It's not that short, " and then walks out of the store only to realize it really is that short, and wind is not your best friend. Fortunately I do know how to sew (sorta), so I've currently got a dress with lace pinned to the bottom. I absolutely must remember to sew it on tomorrow otherwise it'll never get done. I'm usually not crazy about little frilly accents on clothes, but I love the dress, so I can put up with an extra 2 inches of lace.

When I told all my friends that I was going to my Grandmother's for break, I explained that I was going to help here with some cleaning because she's thinking about moving. Well, so far, the only thing I've done to help was to appropriate a large suitcase. I'm very excited to finally have my own suit case, you have no idea how many goofy travel arrangements I've gone through in the past several years. For example, on my way here I carried nothing by a backpack and a large tote bag. I was very self-congratulatory about my light packing skills. Until I got here and realized none of my clothes matched.

Well, it's back to the grind on Monday. I haven't done half the things I planned to do this week, but I've found I don't really care. I suppose it'll get done. Too bad my flight isn't longer, though, I could really do some homework if I had a 5 hour flight. Oh, well...


No comments:

Post a Comment