Sunday, October 28, 2012

On St. Crispin's Day (Belated)

Thanks to Katie for reminding me that Thursday was indeed St. Crispin's day. On Thursday I actually started writing a post about how fitting it was that this feast day fell on that particular day. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to finish it because I was in the midst of my own battle with a particularly nasty Anglo-Saxon paper.

Last week really was a battle for me because it was just so rotten. I missed the wedding because I not only had the paper to write, but I had two exams. It was awful. I was so upset. Not only because I missed a very special day for two people I love very much, but also because I had been looking forward to seeing my family all semester. I was so ready to get off campus for awhile and just not be an adult for awhile. I was ready to go, and I tried as hard as I could, but the day before I was supposed to leave, I realized that  there was no way I could take that weekend off. To be honest, I spent the whole weekend crying about how much I hated school because I've missed so many important family events.

Then the week started. The two exams were fine. I don't know why I worried about them, but the paper was a beast. I was practically living in the library, but I finished it six whole hours before the deadline and turned it in. It was such a relief! And now I have a whole week of normality before my second round of midterms start.

I decided to give myself the day off from homework yesterday, so I went and had some girl time at the mall. I got two amazing sweaters at H&M, as well as an adorable infinity scarf. Now I'm curled up in bed with a cup of coffee, reading the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle. Pure. Bliss. Let me tell you.

Anyway, I'm think that I'm going to write a music post at some point and maybe a post with pictures too. So stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment