Monday, March 18, 2013

In Which We Are Young and Spontaneous

Well, here we are in Munich, having a lovely time, as could be expected. We were going to head up to Berlin tomorrow, but due to a complicated variety of circumstances (read, no planning) we are now going to Salzburg. It's not usually a thing I would do, but since we left booking tickets until the night before, I'd say we're doing pretty well. In less than a hour, we managed to get train tickets and a hostel. Not bad. Not bad at all.Go, team, go!

Sure I'm disappointed about Berlin. I was really excited about it, but I wouldn't say that I'm €300 disappointed. As it is, I'm getting to go to a city I was interested in visiting anyway.

I'm not a very get up and go kind of person. I like planning. I like when other people plan, and we're not doing it the night before. But, hey, we're in college. This is what college students are supposed to do. We're supposed to have spontaneous adventures, right? So that being said, we've really enjoyed our time in Munich, and I'm sure we'll have a blast Salzburg.

PS- in case you couldn't tell, this whole post was basically a "Hi, mom, we haven't died yet" kind of post.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's good news, dear. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says: Good thing you're going to Salzburg. It's way far to Berlin from Munich, even with faster trains. And you'll love Salzburg. Says Dad, who should know.

    ReplyDelete