Sunday, December 23, 2012

Communists, Firemen, and Mustard

Well, the book arranging went well. Everything is well organized, and my little OCD freak out is over.

We got and decorated our Christmas tree several days ago; it seems like it shouldn't be so close to Christmas, but apparently it is. While we were decorating I noticed that my smaller siblings were putting many ornaments on the same branches, so when they weren't looking I carefully redistributed them around the tree. Catching me in the act, my fifteen year-old brother said, "Pip! You're a Christmas tree communist!" I sure thought it was funny.

Speaking of my fifteen year old brother, he had a rather interesting run-in yesterday afternoon. Since he's acquired some really dangerous jogging habits, he is now required to wear a reflective vest while running. Anyway, he likes to run, and today while he was out running, he saw several fire trucks parked outside a house in our neighborhood. So, there he was, in his reflective vest, rubber-necking, while a line of cars slowly formed beside him. After several minutes he realized that they seemed to think he was a fireman in charge of directing traffic. Greatly embarrassed, he waved them on. By that evening, however, he found it extremely funny and told the story with great glee.

Also, in recent King family headlines: We won a vacation! Okay, my family has absolutely awful luck when it comes to raffles. The last time we won something in a raffle, I was in brownies, and we got a box of, are you ready for it? Bath Mustard. Weirdest thing ever, right? So, we'd pretty much given up on winning things in raffles, but on Wednesday my dad won this vacation in a raffle at work. Definitely a step up from the Bath Mustard.

Anyway, I shall be back later perhaps with a post containing pictures. Perhaps, I'm not making any promises.



No comments:

Post a Comment